I’m heading off on a nine day fishing vacation tomorrow morning. I’m hauling along my laptop, and I’m planning on getting some Rakudo hacking in. Things I’m hoping to do:
- Finish the trig test overhaul (now that we have reasonable precision for decimal numbers).
- Figure out what (if anything) needs to be done to rand and srand.
- Move as much as possible of the improved decimal number code to compile-time.
Other things I’ll look at if I get the chance:
- Getting LastOfTheCarelessMen’s ABC module working under current Rakudo. (The tests aren’t going to pass until the ABC::Blah syntax works in regexes, but the core of the module should still work, as far as I know.)
- Messing around with a memoize sub. (Okay, this should be done with the “is cached” property in the long run.)
- Look at the recent changes in the Hyper spec. (I don’t recall what the story is, but at the time I noted something needed to be changed in the code.)
I hope everyone has a happy and productive week while I am gone! I can’t imagine how much is going to get done in that time at the Rakudo team’s current rate…